Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I heart Microsoft Excel

Yes, Ipods, Iphones, Kindles, and all those other techno gizmos are cool, but they are NOTHING compared to the absolute beauty of Excel. Ok, so maybe it’s not quite cutting edge, but Excel always has had and always will have my heart.

Just take a moment to wrap your head around the unsurpassed versatility of it! There are very few things in life for which I don’t use Excel. I make my grocery lists with neat little check boxes for use as I shop. I create our month budget with it. I calculate and store our long term savings plans and goals in it. I even keep my check register in it…ehem…when I actually decide to keep up with a check register. (Shh! Don’t tell Dave about that last little tid bit!) How did we ever live with just legal pads and calculators?? I have a spreadsheet for my “weekly routine” at work as well the same for our home routine. And oh the beauty of packing lists all itemized and, of course, with those awesome little check boxes so that I ensure that we have each and every last sock and pair of underwear that we need for our trips!

Sums, sorts, charts, tables, cells, columns, subtotals, workbooks, worksheets…be still my heart! It’s almost more than I can take.

And now that I’ve confirmed that my nerdiness exceeds even the pocket protector, horn rimmed glasses, highwater pants with velcro shoes guys from high school, I’m going to sign off and pretend it never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment