Friday, March 26, 2010

Fitness Journal

I'm on a mission to get in shape and stay that way and in my effort to do so I am going to try and keep a journal of my workouts, eating, and progress. Since this blog has been totally inactive as of late, I have decided to use it for that purpose. I realize that this will be of no interest to anyone but me (unless you are weird like me and enjoy reading about other people's workout habits), but it's convenient for me to be able to log it here and then be able to pull up the info from any computer anywhere. So, here goes.

March 25, 2010

Eating -

Ate pretty well today. Focusing on good proteins and limiting the carbs. Had scrambled eggs with a bit of mozzarella cheese and a banana for breakfast. Drank only water all day long. Ate a charbroiled chicken breast and half of a bun with a little mayo for lunch. 1 package of instant oatmeal for mid afternoon snack. Peanut butter crackers immediately after workout. Homemade pizza topped with roasted eggplant and cherry tomatoes for dinner. Considerable amount of carbs for dinner, but I'm ok with that considering the workout for the day.

Workout -

Couch to 5k - Week 4 Day 2 - jog 1/4 mile, walk 1/8 mile, jog 1/2 mile, walk 1/4 mile, jog 1/4 mile, walk 1/8 mile, jog 1/2 mile

Weight training -
Dumbell split squats - 3 sets of 12 reps each side
Pushups - 3 sets of 20 (used modified pushup position)
Pull ups - 3 sets of 10 (used machine that assists)
Seated dumbbell curl/shoulder press - 3 sets of 12 each side

Ab workout -
Reverse crunches - 14 reps
Crossover crunches - 14 reps each side
Flat footed crunches - 14 reps
Supermans - 14 reps holding 2 seconds each time


How I feel the day after -

Increasing soreness as the day goes on, but nothing like what I anticipated. Good energy level. Anxious to get back in the gym tomorrow.


Goals -

Short term - Be able to confidently wear the swimsuit I have picked out in the Athleta catalog by summer time.

Long term - Live a healthy, active lifestyle. Learn to be an endurance runner. Lean and athletic build, not simply "skinny".


1 comment: