Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday, Monday

Yet again, life forced me to change my regular routine, but I worked it out and managed to get my exercise in. It just had to be at home rather than at the gym.

Dumbell split squats - 3 sets of 12 reps
Pushups - 3 sets of 20 (used modified version on my knees)
Hip bridge - 1 set of 36
Dumbell curl/shoulder press - 3 sets of 12
Speed skating drill - 1 set of 36
Lateral hops - 3 sets of 25

Hip ups - 14
Reverse crunches - 14
Crossover crunches - 14
Oblique crunches - 12
Leg up crunches - 12
Flat footed crunches - 12
Supermans - 10

Eating -
Much better on the eating front yesterday. We had a breakfast here at work at which I ate a good bit, but I managed the calories by cutting out my morning snack. Lunch was tuna salad a crackers. Dinner I made a baked chicken breast stuffed with fresh mushrooms, garlic, spinach and just a bit of mozzarella cheese. Had roasted eggplant and english peas on the side. Absolutely delicious! I snagged a few M&Ms out of the jar at home after I cleaned the kitchen and am perfectly ok with that. This journey is not about deprivation. It's about balance.

Emotions -
Mentally feeling good today. I'm recovered from being down in the dumps about my weekend eating and am pleased about doing better. I'm starting to see some muscle definition in my legs that I haven't seen since I was playing ball in high school. That's a nice reward and good motivation to keep on keepin' on.

Today is C25k Week 5 Day 1. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment