Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tuesday on a Thursday

Ok, so I’m a couple of days late writing about Tuesday’s workout, but it was a good one. Here goes.

Cardio – C25K Week 5 Day 1 – Jog ½ mile, walk ¼ mile, jog ½ mille, walk ¼ mile, jog ½ mile - Actually not as difficult as I expected. I was tired at the end but could have gone further if I had to.

Weight traning – Phase 1 Workout B (slightly modified)
Sumo squats – 3 sets of 12 reps
Lying dumbbell press – 3 sets of 12 reps/side
Hamstring curl – 3 sets of 12 reps
Seated row pulls – 3 sets of 12 reps
Lat pull downs – 3 sets of 12 (except the last set in which I only managed to do 10)
Leg press – 3 sets of 10

Abs
Hip ups – 14 reps
Reverse crunches – 14 reps
Crossover crunches – 14 reps/side
Oblique crunches – 14 reps/side
Straight leg crunches – 14 reps
Flat footed crunches -14 reps
Supermans – 10 reps

No workout on Wednesday. It’s church night and an off day for exercising.

How I feel today – Eh, I’ve been better. Having not exercised yesterday makes me feel a little sluggish. I think it’s all mental. I just don’t have that pride that I feel after a good solid workout. I was really anticipating being sore after Tuesday’s workout but was not at all. It’s definitely time to increase the intensity (i.e. add more weight, increase reps, etc) to make sure I am pushing myself every time. I’m certainly in better shape than I have been in quite a few years, but I’m no where near where I want to be right now. Can’t be complacent.

This afternoon...C25K Week 5 Day 2 and racquetball.

No comments:

Post a Comment