Tuesday, April 13, 2010

By a Thread

Some days my lack of productivity at work is due to the fact that I am simply lazy and distracted by other things that are much more interesting. On those days I typically feel incredibly guilty at the end of the day and vow to do better in the future.

Other days though, my productivity level slumps near zero because I am just barely hanging on by a thread. Today happens to be one of those days. A raging sore throat which led to very little sleep combined with stress in dealing with some family issues has me worn thin.

I've already decided that if I survive until lunch I am treating myself to the Pizza Hut buffet. Food heals.


DISCLAIMER: No, I am not advocating eating to combat emotional or psychological issues. A good counselor would be much more help with that. On rare occasion a carbohydrate splurge can make the afternoon a wee bit more manageable though.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. I can't even tell you how much healing the Pizza Hut lunch buffet has done for me. Seriously. There were days this winter when it was honestly the one thing that got me through the day. I'm sending out lots of love your way and a huge thumbs up on your lunch choice. I hope the pan crust therapy does you good.

    ReplyDelete