Wednesday, January 5, 2011

They make me smile

These things we call blogs are quite odd, you know. Some think they are trivial, self centered drivel. I've heard as much. Others think they are only for those of us with way too much time on our hands. I'll admit there are probably legitimate arguments for all of the above.

Despite all that I tend to love spending time reading blogs. It's fun to keep up with the lives of friends and family that may be far away, seeing their photos and reading about the latest adventures in their families. Even moreso, however, I love blogs because of the veritable pantheon (shout out to Iron Chef fans!) of ideas that I glean from them.

I cannot begin to list all of the things that I have read about on blogs and then incorporated into my life. Anything from ideas for recipes, to favorite products to try, to best ways to organizing house cleaning chores. I figure it would be wasteful to have access to millions of other people's experiences and knowledge and not to at least attempt to make use of a bit of it.

It's in that vein of thought that I share with you today a few of my favorite things. They are things that I adore and who knows, something on my list may just be something you would love too. How cool would that be?

Without further ado, here are a few things that make me smile...


My husband and children picked out this adorable necklace for me for Christmas. I haven't yet figured out who Henry and Anna are but it's lovely nonetheless. Don't you think?

Badum ching. I crack myself up. Mine really says Mia and Luke which makes quite a bit more sense. Anywho, I love its' simplicity and smile every time I notice it around my neck.


You do watch this, right? I'll admit it's a fairly recent discovery for me, but I'm not sure there's another comedy out there that can match Big Bang Theory. Brilliant, highly intelligent humor...tha antics of this totally nerdy group of physicists have me rolling with laughter without fail. Got seasons 1 and 2 for Christmas which is now in the running for best all time gifts. Yep, it's that good.

And lastly, nothing makes me happier than a good smell and I happen to find this lotion absolutely intoxicating. Everyone has their preferences about perfume/cologne aromas but I love this so much that I find myself smelling of my wrists all day long just to get a whiff of it. Yes, I realize that probably says much of my mental state. Before you judge however, you may want to drop by VS and test a little yourself. You may find yourself unable to resist constantly sniffing your own wrists too.

Until tomorrow...
Cat

1 comment:

  1. Love the necklace :) LOVE the BBT!!!! Sheldon is my hero, but he's everyone's isn't he? Why wouldn't he be? It's illogical to think otherwise.

    ReplyDelete