Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yum

I love to take pictures of food, but rarely do I ever cook when it's not dark outside and we all know that photography in artificial light general stinks. It's yet another negative side effect of full time work. I am determined to one day figure out a way to avoid it. Until then I'll just take advantage of the light on the weekends.

This was our Sunday morning breakfast.

Mmm...fluffy.

Oh dear goodness! Can you see the gooey chocolately goodness in the background?? Divine! Also the reason the treadmill and I are going to have to reintroduce ourselves to each other this week.

Yesterday I would have told you that I didn't care much for pancakes but these beauties changed my mind. The kids slathered on the syrup. I ate mine straight off the griddle and can't imagine them being any better.

I adapted these from the following recipe using a tad less sugar but lots more chocolate chips. We're all about the chocolate.

Chcolate Chip Pancakes

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips

1 comment: